Posting History for willyr
|3 More National Monuments: Thanks Obama!
President Obama is using his Big Stick authority under the Antiquities Act---first used by Theodore Roosevelt to save Devils Tower and the Grand Canyon---to create 3 new National Monuments on ...
|Defense bill with wilderness & parks plus land giveaways beats cloture 85-14. 3 Dems & Sanders no
Today the Senate voted 85-14 for cloture on the public lands deal that is part of the House-passed National Defense Authorization Act . Ten right-wing Republicans were joined by Democratic Senators ...
|Yes there's Dirt in the Defense Bill---Wilderness, parks and wild rivers too
The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) was passed by the House last week, and is likely to pass the Senate this coming week, even if Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) follows through on his threat ...
|Wilderness Act at 50---Much Remains Unprotected
Today is the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act , passed to protect public land from development, among other reasons. The Act initially protected 9 million acres, but since then Congress has ...
|Obama to Expand California Coastal National Monument---Great! But What Should Be Next? Vote in Poll
From the Los Angeles Times : President Obama on Tuesday will use his executive powers to expand the California Coastal National Monument by adding the Point Arena-Stornetta Public Lands on the ...
|Less than Zero: Republicans Fail League of Conservation Voters Test
If you came home from school waving your latest test in your hand, do you think your Mom and Pop would be glad to see a Big Fat *Zero* on it? Yeah, be neither. But that's what 48 House Republicans ...
|Snap Poll: Which Democrat Do You Most Closely Identify With?
Which of these Democrats do you most closely identify with?
|Snap Poll: Christie & Tricky
Which advice from Richard Nixon should Chris Christie follow?
|Snap Pole: Dream Ticket--2016
Continuation from this Snap Pole: President 2016 : Without further explanation:
|Snap Pole: President 2016
*[This Page Left Intentionally Blanque]*
|A Light Rinse Before 1968: Scanning NY Times Headlines
On August 31, 1967, Governor George Romney of Michigan was considered the front runner for the Republican nomination for president. Until he said something in an interview that was picked up by the ...
|Interior Secretary to Congress: Protect our Jewels or else Obama Will
Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell, in a speech to the National Press Club on October 31, said if Congress doesn't act to protect threatened public land, President Obama will. Jewell said she ...
|August 1: The President remarks on Climate Change, Nuclear War, Civil Rights, Marriage Equality
As July turns to August, the president is still at the White House, and he has a few things on his mind. Not long ago he made some proposals about dealing with the threat of nuclear war, and people ...
|When Hope Was Banned: Robert Kennedy in South Africa, June 1966
On Sunday, June 30, President Obama will speak at the University of Cape Town in South Africa, 47 years after Senator Robert Kennedy helped crack open the door of apartheid at the same university ...
|Snap Poll: Worst GOP Vice Presidential Nominee Ever
Since there seems to be less than overwhelming enthusiasm for the prospective Vice Presidential Republican nominee, Paul Ryan, I offer this poll. Listed below are all the nominees for Vice ...
|The Walrus Is Paul: They Say it's Your Birthday
The man who gave us Blackbird , Rocky Raccoon , Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da , When I'm 64 , Michelle , Yesterday , and, and, and.... ...celebrates a birthday today. He ain't 64. But man what music he's ...
|April 4, 1968: Robert Kennedy, Violence and A Tiny Ripple of Hope
April 4, 1968 dawned with hope in the air. Less than a month before, anti-war Senator Eugene McCarthy had stunned the world by getting 42% of the vote in the New Hampshire primary, nearly beating ...
|If Hosni were Tricky Dick (with pole)
Hosni Mubarak's speech tonight probably would have been better received if he had taken a page from history. The speech he should have given *was* delivered on August 8, 1974. Here it is.....
The House voted early this afternoon to pass the Omnibus Public Lands Act that passed the Senate last week. *The vote was 285-140,* with 38 Republicans joining 247 Democrats in voting for it. 4 ...
|Senate passes 2 million acre wilderness bill--again
On Thursday, the Senate again overcame a filibuster threat from Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) and for the second time passed landmark legislation that would protect about 2 million acres of wilderness ...
|Public Lands Omnibus killed in House By 2 Votes
The House just voted on the Omnibus Public Lands bill S.22 that passed the Senate several weeks ago. It failed to ...
|Draft Meteor Blades for Governor (with pole)
California is running out of governors. Ahnuld can't run again, because of term limits (yay!), and other than former Governor-Mayor of Oakland-Attorney General-multi-year-Presidential candidate ...
|UPDATE Dems Win: Coburn filibuster of Public Lands Omnibus: First test for Reid?
(Updated and Cross-posted from an earlier diary on Congress Matters ) In an extraordinary Sunday session, the Senate will vote this ...
|Another last minute Interior Department land giveaway
Bush's Interior Department is making up its own laws now . Apparently not caring for the ones Congress passed, the Department has ...
|NY-25 Republicans STILL Can't Find a Candidate
Republicans are having a heck of a time finding someone to run for the NY-25 House seat being vacated by the retiring Jim Walsh. Walsh, who narrowly ...
|Hey..Look UP! A total eclipse RIGHT now
Take a break from politics for an hour or so, and check out the total eclipse of the moon tonight, starting at about 8:40 eastern time. It will be visible from the Rocky Mountains to the east ...
|Arctic Refuge Filibuster Vote Tomorrow; Cheney Cuts Short Trip.||willyr||12/20/2005||74||46||1||28|
|Mass Legislature Rejects Gay Marriage Ban: Straights Quake in their Boots||willyr||09/14/2005||9||10||-||-|
|Matheson won't run against Hatch, Internet Pioneer Will||willyr||04/13/2005||12||2||-||-|
|GOP Consultant Marries Gay Lover; Romney Chokes on Toast||willyr||04/09/2005||106||61||-||10|
|Bush: Well maybe I meant $350 million||willyr||12/31/2004||6||3||-||-|
|Chafee says he's staying Republican||willyr||11/08/2004||29||1||-||-|
|Panetta: A Recount Could be An Explosion||willyr||10/16/2004||17||7||-||-|
|Florida Censors Enviro author Terry Williams; Election too close says University||willyr||10/11/2004||3||2||-||-|
|Jim Stork may stay on ballot in Florida||willyr||10/09/2004||1||-||-||2|
|Why We Are Proud to Be Americans--RFK||willyr||10/04/2004||5||5||-||-|
|Bush today on the Draft---Who Believes THIS?||willyr||10/04/2004||19||1||-||-|
|Want to Volunteer? Here are some options:||willyr||09/15/2004||6||10||-||-|
|Log Off and Take Action||willyr||09/03/2004||7||7||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by willyr
- Salon's Bill Curry says it very well here: Bernie Sanders really matters: He doesn’t have to win to build a progressive movement Stop thinking about winners, losers and the dumb horse race. Let's ...379 comments 233 Recs
- The Kent State shootings (also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre) occurred at Kent State University in the US city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed ...20 comments 33 Recs
- From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Late Night Snark: May Flowers Edition "Violent thugs run amok in the streets of Baltimore. But enough about the police department." ---Larry Wilmore Chief ...94 comments 56 Recs
- The average donation was $43.54. put another way: $1.5 million in 24 hours! Windfall at Bernie's : Sanders raises $1.5 million in 24 hours by Dan Merica, CNN, cnn.com -- May 1, 2015 [...] "...24 comments 33 Recs
- It is being reported that Ben E. King has died of natural causes. He was 76. Bestest cover of Stand by me ever.23 comments 41 Recs
- I am wanting to get involved with the Bernie Sanders for President Campaign. Yesterday I diaried about that here on Daily Kos. Today, with his announcement I jumped in and went to his website: ...3 comments 13 Recs
- The day has finally arrived! Bernie Sanders has announced that he's running for president, to save the country and the Democratic party. He's a brave man with a big heart, a sharp mind and ...343 comments 335 Recs
- Originally posted at Fair and Unbalanced "It's a little-known fact, but we reporters could successfully sell Sanders or Elizabeth Warren or any other populist candidate as a serious contender for ...8 comments 16 Recs
- Join the Campaign or Sign up to Volunteer for specific tasks or Sign up for Updates . To donate: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/lets-go-bernie Stand with Bernie We are at a moment of ...131 comments 216 Recs
- In the aftermath of the SCOTUS oral arguments in the marriage equality cases heard yesterday, much of the national media is reporting that the SCOTUS justices are "divided" on the issue of ...24 comments 27 Recs
- No current results.