Posting History for txtres
|A public option is vital for my family
Every time one turns on the TV, boots up the internets or picks up the paper there are stories and commercials regarding healthcare in America. It is so pervasive that my 8 year old and I have had ...
|Early Intervention in LD children
There will not be any statistics in this diary; nor will I link to studies that illustrate my point. This is a non-scientific post written from a mother's perspective. I have two daughters, both ...
|Here we go again
Diaries abound today on the sensitive subject of abortion, due to the murder of Dr. Tiller. I have read a couple that have been written by women sharing their personal stories. I have in the past ...
|Saving healthcare, I call bull...
I was surfing the internets this am; as is my morning routine, and I came upon this article in Newsweek: http://www.newsweek.com/id/195604 . Some of it is kinda neat. The original doctor in the ...
|Daughter to Dr. this AM
I live in Fort Worth, home of the hysterical (per Maddow show guest last night) large school district closing. My kids are both in public school and yesterday was their first day home from school. ...
|Sam, the cat, has passed away
Sam passed away last night. Sam is a cat who changed my daughter's life. This story is in many ways more about the blogger who belonged to Sam than the cat himself, I am surprisingly saddened at the ...
|Thing that makes you go hmmm
I would title this post things that make you go hmm, but really right now it is just one thing that is causing me to sit and stare and my computer and TV Machine in absolute horror, wonder, ...
|Unemployment in Texas
I am not a regular poster, I do not regularly comment either. Me, I am a everyday reader and have been for years. But, after yesterday, I felt a real need to write about my friend, my neighbor and ...
|A Center-Right Country my
Badonkkadonk! Lets have a look at our Center Left country today. Today is so much more than just a referendum on Bush or Obama, today is the result of the American people turning their back on the ...
|I stood in line in Texas!
I live in Fort Worth Texas, in a Democratic neighborhood, and I just stood in line for 30 minutes to vote.
|Two Racists in a Pickup Truck
Today, I hired my 15 year old daughter's boyfriend to rake up the leaves in my front yard. The boy is a Republican, raised by nice Republican parents. He is proud that my daughter has yet to convert ...
|My "Health" story.
This is not the easiest diary to write. It is not a comfortable subject, nor a pleasant one. I do believe it needs to be written about. The Health exception in Abortion restriction legislation is ...
|The Mother in Law Principle
I wish I could take credit for naming the mother in law principle of politics, but that honor goes to my father; who is still one of the smartest, most informed people I have ever known and who at ...
|As my Daddy always told me...
Mr. McCain, I would like to impart to you some of the best advice my daddy ever gave me. It is advice I continue to hand down to my children and I hope one day that they will pass these words of ...
|The republican sister
I have a couple of sisters; one is a republican, only one in the family. She stood on her head too much as a child apparently, because as we always tell her she was raised better than this. I just ...
|Taxes are patriotic!
Today on a morning show, Joe Biden said that it was time to be patriotic and pay taxes for those who make over 250K a year. I agree with Sen. Biden it is time for real patriotism, no more empty ...
I have read more articles that have to do with the subtle bigotry that Obama faces than I can count. Problem is they don't call it for what it is; most continue to write that voters don't feel like ...
|First diary and it is about my 8 year old
Hello I am a long time lurker and I had an account many moons ago that I can't remember the name or password of; I don't even have the same email anymore so this is a new account. I had originally ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by txtres
- Did you donate to Barack Obama? Did you volunteer to support his campaign? Do you get his emails? (Heck, maybe like me, you got one today.) Have you noticed that they all come ...387 comments 680 Recs
- This is a response to these comments . ...206 comments 98 Recs
- The title alone should tell you how strongly I feel about this. And I do apologize if the title made you think that this i a snark diary but it is not. It might be humorous (I try), but the essence ...588 comments 320 Recs
- I have a liberal bourgeoise* friend who won't shop at Wal-mart because she can't shop there in good conscience. She does a lot of her food shopping at Whole Foods, a supposed 'progressive' company ...559 comments 235 Recs
- I have tried to figure this out, and it seems to just baffle me. It is taking SOOO much more effort being poor, than it EVER took having a little bit of money.17 comments 21 Recs
- You know, it's been a while since I last wrote something so I thought I'd offer up a few more of my musings. Last night as I was watching 60 min. on TV last night I saw something refreshing....8 comments 5 Recs
- My kids are cuter than Obama's. Maybe. His are very cute, but I'm biased and think my kids are the cutest in the world, so I think I trump him there. And I'll add that whenever he gets his dog, that ...63 comments 22 Recs
- I voted Monday the 3rd, so that I could watch the kids tonight while my wife stands in line for her chance to help make history - and more importantly - a great big change. And... I did a little ...41 comments 53 Recs
- At a time when the families of a number of military members stationed at Fort Campbell, Tennessee, are celebrating the safe return of their loved ones, one family is mourning the loss of theirs. ...187 comments 213 Recs
- I settled into my usual Sunday talk show routine this morning. I got my coffee and some breakfast and settled on the couch with one of my cats curled up on my lap. There were a few moments that ...26 comments 26 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.