Posting History for makemyday9
|Southern Poverty Law Center: Help Stop Guestworker Abuse
A letter and appeal, As you're reading this message, tens of thousands of foreign "guestworkers" are being exploited through government-sanctioned programs some have described as "...
|Moore's "Sicko" Flick Compares US-Cuba Health Care
This feature was written by Don Hazen for AlterNet, Moore's new film, debuting in Cannes this May, tackles the failures of the U.S. health care system, and includes a segment ...
|On the Coming CEO Lynching
Michael Brush of MSN Money Central has written a series of scathing articles on CEO pay that makes any person believe that Democrats like Rep. Barney Frank are serious about instituting ...
|Iraq Not About WMD, Al Qaida, Israel: It's Oil
....latest from JIM HIGHTOWER . This communication from Jim Hightower gives us still more insight into the obvious motives behind Iraq and boasts that we will learn more about why the hell ...
|Israelis and Palestinians Raising Bloody Generations
This article, sent out by Alternet this morning, explains to anyone why this Israeli-Palestinian thing is conflict interminable. Every generation of kids, Israeli and Palestinian, is indoctrinated ...
|SCOTUS: How the earth flirted with hell
This article, Kennedy Swings, Roberts Strikes Out, Bush Loses, Earth Wins , by Bill Scher, concerning the recent SCOTUS decision on the EPA, let’s us know that Chief ...
|Who's Getting Roasted in the Economic Barbecue?
Not since the Gilded Age of the late 19th century has America witnessed such a rapid shift in the distribution of economic wealth as it has in the past 30 years. ...
|Scurlock pisses on the Bush economy
Maxed Out director James Scurlock explains how without credit cards, millions of apparently middle-class Americans would live at the poverty level. That&...
|Democrats propose national sick leave bill
Bob Geiger of Alternet reported this story about Ted Kennedy’s latest worker rights effort, not apparently waiting for a bigger Democratic majority to be able to override an inevitable Bush ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by makemyday9
- Progressive Democratic delegates to the California Democratic Convention are planning to confront the Speaker with their desire to put impeachment back on the table this weekend. Well, there's one ...64 comments 21 Recs
- The Government Of Israel is Destroying the Main Livelihood of the Bedouin Population in Israel: Raising Sheep, and Intensifying Poverty. Over 80% of the Bedouin children live under the poverty ...52 comments 20 Recs
- One of the impacts of last falls elections was the fact that the Abramoff scandal contributed to the defeat of a number of Republican Congressmen, most notably Richard Pombo (CA-11) and almost ...13 comments 22 Recs
- We all know Gov. Richardson has the best resume and the most foreign experience. But the question has always been, is he well known enough. Can he WIN?23 comments 16 Recs
- Poor communities in the US don't have the doctors they need. And many students who would practise in those areas can't get into medical school or can't afford to go there. Cuba has stepped up to ...28 comments 9 Recs
- What is America's Image in the World? How the world views U.S. role? Will you be surprised to know that much of the world are rejecting the notion of the United States as a world leader? In fact, a ...7 comments 5 Recs
- Supporting the Employee Free Choice Act should be a no-brainer for every Democratic senator. So, we need to ask: why are ...6 comments 12 Recs
- Today, the Supreme Court of the United States issued its ruling in the consolidated cases of Gonzales v. Carhart ...301 comments 476 Recs
- There is so much to write about Azmi Bishara, one of the few Palestinian citizens of Israel that serves in the Knesset, and has done so for the past 11 years. But in the past few years, he has been ...44 comments 10 Recs
- The horrible VT tragedy has, no surprise, fostered some vigorous debate on this site about gun control. If there was general agreement about anything in that debate (and I'm not sure that there was),65 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.