Remember, you can follow @DailyKosComics and @MarkFiore while you're at it. Thanks!

Special thanks to John Taylor & Joe Rossetti for their vocals and lyrics, and to Stephanie Riggio for her great singing, as usual!

CHESTNUTS ROASTING ON A KINDLE FIRE

THE FEDEX TRACKING APP SAYS IT'S GUNNA COME TODAY

AND EVERY YOUTUBE FAN IS GUNNA TRY

TO DANCE GANGNAM STYLE JUST LIKE PSY

AND SO I'M OFFERING THIS SIMPLE TWEET

TO FACEBOOK FRIENDS I NEVER KNEW

TO GEEKS ROUND THE WORLD AND JUST DOWN THE STREET

HIGH TECH CHRISTMAS TO YOU.

Originally posted to Daily Kos on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:00 AM PST.

Also republished by Comics.

EMAIL TO A FRIEND X
Your Email has been sent.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.

Add keywords that describe this diary. Separate multiple keywords with commas.
Tagging tips - Search For Tags - Browse For Tags

?

More Tagging tips:

You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?

You must be a member of a group to use this feature.

Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
(The diary will be removed.)
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?

•  Merry Chri (15+ / 0-)

seg fault at address 0x00000001ff07308b invalid operation core dumped.

To me progress is not so much a goal as it is a process and I believe it will not follow a straight course. Remember, the drops of water that form the river may not take the shortest path but they will still reach the ocean.

by ontheleftcoast on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:04:12 AM PST

•  Well, with global warming there's no snow outside (6+ / 0-)

to build snowmen/forts/etc.

Might as well have a virtual winter instead.

(While irradiating one's private parts with wireless. /heh)

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
    I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
    —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:17:05 AM PST

•  Brilliant (8+ / 0-)

White-collar conservatives flashing down the street, pointing their plastic finger at me..

by BOHICA on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:17:34 AM PST

•  Hilarious! (6+ / 0-)
    jabney, suesue, polecat, se portland, dewtx, wader

...and sooooo true!

GOP Agenda: Repeal 20th Century.

by NormAl1792 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:31:18 AM PST

•  Wish that Santa would bring me some (5+ / 0-)
    suesue, se portland, polecat, dewtx, wader

high tech stuff.  My cell phone is so old it qualifies as an antique.  "Smart" phones are the rage these days.  Sadly, my phone is a dumb phone. All I can do with it is make phone calls -  no camera, no apps, no internet.

Santa - Please help!  I want some high tech stuff!  I believe in you, I truly do.  :-)

Religion - the ultimate weapon of mass manipulation

by LynChi on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 07:35:04 AM PST

•  What drives me nuts (1+ / 0-)
    se portland

is that all Democratic "trial balloons" are right-wing trial balloons.  (Hagel for SecDef, raising Medicare age to 67, etc...)

Will there ever be a progressive trial balloon -- one that's actually good for the country?  Ever?

•  Noradsanta.org (1+ / 0-)
    se portland

Nothing says "war on Christmas" like the folks tracking that day laborer on Dec 24-25.  If only my tax dollars did go to shutting down those commie pinko elves flooding our shores with cheap possibly unsafe imports and of course restricting our energy independence with furrin coal instead of clean American  coal. The folks at NORAD have some of the best high tech Xmas  goodies.

•  Raspberry Pi (1+ / 0-)
    dewtx

First off, LOL!!!! The voices were so real. I sear I was listening to Tony Bennett and Mel Torme.

I could not resist and bought myself a Raspberry Pi, In case you don't know, the Raspberry Pi is a credit card size computer for $35. They have a $25 one on the way. It is made by a charitable foundation based in the U.K. The idea was to build a cheap educational computer to teach students programming and electronics. But it has been picked up by the hobbyists and even R & D departments around the world.

My plan is to hook it to a breadboard with a MCP3008 chip attached (don't worry, I didn't know what a MCP3008 chip was either until a couple of days ago) and hook up some sensor to wow the kids. Actually I have this rather disturbed idea to build a robotic arm that holds a simple hand fan and starts waving it when the temperatures reaches say 80 degrees F.

What some people are doing with this is simply amazing. Check out this link from Cambridge's Computer Lab Raspberry Pi Tutorials. And remember, this is being built by kids.

In this tutorial, we will be building a circuit to connect a temperature sensor to our Raspberry Pi, and writing a program to read the sensor data. The circuit we will build is going to connect to the Raspberry Pi using the GPIO pins.

Once we have built our circuit, the next step is to write a program to read the temperature, and give it to us in a nice format. Once that is done, we will add some LEDs and a button to our circuit, and find out how to measure button presses and turn the LEDs on and off from our program.

Finally, we will put all these bits together to make a button controlled temperature logger—a program that will measure the temperature every second and put this in a file, which can be started and stopped by the press of a button.

Anyway, the Raspberry Pi is one of those gifts that will keep giving. Whether it is simply learn Linux and the Python programming language, building a HTC or exploring robotics, the RPi is a great buy at the price - and it is for a good cause.

It is possible to read the history of this country as one long struggle to extend the liberties established in our Constitution to everyone in America. - Molly Ivins

by se portland on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 08:48:22 AM PST

•  Um, should I take it that (3+ / 0-)

the fact that the clip went completely whacky on me & started backing up about 10 seconds from ending is a feature & not a bug? Because if that was accidental it's a finalist for the most felicitous accident in pre-recorded hysteria...

It's not a "fiscal cliff," it's a Fiscal Bluff--so why don't we call them on it?

by Uncle Cosmo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 01:24:58 PM PST

•  the last line should have been (2+ / 0-)
    se portland, TrueBlueMajority

"...high tech christmas. geek. you."

stars are matter. we're matter. but it doesn't matter. Don Van Vliet

Click here for the mobile view of the site