And don't forget to follow @DailyKosComics and @MarkFiore while you're at it!

America can't afford this sort of change.

They want you to believe it's a new day and the past is behind us.

Forget about jobs, they say, or the billions of dollars in job creation.

They want to put a stop to six billion dollars in free market activity that's good for the economy, good for America.

If they have their way, one of the fastest-growing sectors of our economy is coming to a screeching halt, today.

Don't let "voters" stop the campaign.

Political Spending is America's economic powerhouse.

Sure, "voters" are having their say, but what about the campaigns that stimulated the economy to the tune of six billion dollars?

The Citizens United stimulus worked, just ask the thousands of copywriters, political operatives, consultants, video editors and ad executives-- now looking for work.

Why, independent political groups alone spent nineteen million dollars a week in September, thirty-three million a week in the beginning of October, and seventy million a week by the end of October.

Political spending and campaign ads mean jobs!

What would this economy look like if voters and a job-killing "election" hadn't put a stop to the boom?

It's time we got America working again, it's time for . . .  a perpetual campaign.

(Paid for by a coalition of political consultants, operatives, copywriters, pundits, national broadcast outlets and ominous narrators like myself.)

Originally posted to Daily Kos on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 07:00 AM PST.

Also republished by Comics.

EMAIL TO A FRIEND X
Your Email has been sent.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.

Add keywords that describe this diary. Separate multiple keywords with commas.
Tagging tips - Search For Tags - Browse For Tags

?

More Tagging tips:

You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?

You must be a member of a group to use this feature.

Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
(The diary will be removed.)
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?

•  What, you missed the 2016 speculation yesterday? (16+ / 0-)

The tipping point has already been reached...

Cower in fear.

I don't blame Christians. I blame Stupid. Which sadly is a much more popular religion these days.

by detroitmechworks on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 07:04:03 AM PST

•  Karl Rove, is that you? /nt (2+ / 0-)
    glitterscale, jack23

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
    I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
    —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 07:05:31 AM PST

•  No worries Mark, 2014 is right around the corner (3+ / 0-)
    doingbusinessas, wbr, PSzymeczek

So give it a few months and we'll start warming up for that cycle

--Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day. - Thomas Jefferson--

by idbecrazyif on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 07:07:05 AM PST

•  Last night I am web surfing and up pops an ad. (1+ / 0-)
      idbecrazyif

I showed it to my partner and said the next campaign has already started.

It was a message claiming that Hillary Clinton had just signed a UN treaty designed to outlaw handguns worldwide.

That claim is also being circulated in one of those breathless e-mails we all are so familiar with...insisting that you have to pass this message on right now to everyone you know or our liberties will be snuffed out.

And as usual, the whole thing is complete BS

NRA chief Wayne LaPierre triggered a tsunami of gun sales by bleating that Obama in his first term was going to take away everyone's right to own guns.  That didn't happen, so it appears he is now shifting his target to what he sees as Obama's likely successor and launching this kind of crap.

Yes it is crap, but gun nuts will suck it up like Kool Aid and you can expect another round of arsenal stocking.  Good Lord, how many semi-automatic guns do you need to truly feel safe.

BTW....a remake of Red Dawn (courageous teen agers taking to the woods with their guns to fight back against  a North Korean invasion) is coming out soon.  No doubt it will provide aid and comfort to Mr. LaPierre and militias nationwide.

Free markets would be a great idea, if markets were actually free.

by dweb8231 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 10:05:09 AM PST

[ Parent ]

•  Funny thing about that remake (0+ / 0-)

It was supposed to come out years ago, the original script had China as the main player. Pressure was put on the studio to go reshoot it as someone else and they did.

Problem however was that by the time it got to that point, MGM was in financial ruin and couldn't foot the bill.

So expect that film to bomb, and bomb hard.

But in any event, you are correct that it will provide a lot of red meat to some of the crazies out there.

by idbecrazyif on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 10:54:01 AM PST

[ Parent ]

•  I agree (2+ / 0-)
    rb608, PSzymeczek

For once i agree completely with fiore, my cousins wife who ive mentioned oh so many times here (hard right winger) no states shes done with political posts on FB and now puts up cute pictures of children.
    The horror of her saying she thinks of what will become of the children puts me in a screaming sweat.
    Now i have to put up with this bs.....
    Please if there is a god ( and there isnt ) get us another election she can get into.

I think Jesus meant christian as a verb not a noun

by rageagnstmach on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 07:09:22 AM PST

•  I am burnt out of politics (0+ / 0-)

I know darling Jehovah   Witness women ,  that i will be outreaching too , reaching out too Jehovah  Witness is not a lost cause ,lots of them are receptive too positive feedback , i am not   out to turn them against thier  faith , but help them grow  spritually ,emotionally and personally ,I had a similar experience with a Japanese woman ,i met online ,she grew as person ,believing in herself,

•  Well of course, Capitalism taken to its .... (2+ / 0-)
    Amber6541, AmazingBlaise

ultimate extreme would recognize ALL entrepreneurs, such as drug dealers, pimps, prostitutes, gamblers (we already have!), paid assassins, slave dealers, gun-runners, and even such horrible criminals as some bankers, politicians, and  lawyers (they are certainly not all crooks, but those that are compete well with the mafia.)

Everything for sale!  Everything for a profit! Perpetual campaigns! Perpetual war! It's good for the economy!

Ethics?  What, me worry about such trivial matters?

Snark, snark!

•  So on January 21, 2013 (3+ / 0-)
    Amber6541, polecat, PSzymeczek

We'll hear various individuals declaring that they've established exploratory committees? Oh boy.

•  Yeah!!! No more campaign ads!!! (2+ / 0-)
    MKDAWUSS, Amber6541

I am not missing all the Campaign ads in the media today. It is actually refreshing not to see Romney's campaign ads blasting across my computer screen. I wonder how long the campaigning embargo will hold?

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately." -- George Carlin, Satirical Comic,(1937-2008)

by Wynter on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 07:21:30 AM PST

•  Put me to work (1+ / 0-)
    IndyReader

I want to join the Ominous Narrators Union.  I not only have a radio voice, I have a great radio face as well (and getting more radio every year!).

But most importantly, I have a natural feel for the paranoid style in American politics.  It takes more than just a deep and resonant voice to really sell this sort of material.  You need to be able to really identify with the crazy, be the crazy.  And I think that even a cursory review of my work at this site will convince anyone that gtomkins is your man if you want crazy.

We should have destroyed the presidency before Obama took office. Too late now.

by gtomkins on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 07:23:45 AM PST

•  freepers have been debating (0+ / 0-)

palin 2016 for at least 18 hours straight now ...

She would get to surround herself with every hurting person who help Romney and give them a home....let's face it...she could START with 53 millions votes. She could counter bama on everything he says and BR RIGHT as she has always been She would awake millions of folks who feel betrayed by the media and she would be bullet proof..... That's what my wish would be.... And those of us who are hurting would heal and form an army over 4 years that no one and nothing could stop. (The Wizard)
    I dont have PDS [palin derangement syndrome]. I have.. If you cant take the heat of the Alaska Gov.. please do not try to be President syndrome (Bidimus1)
    •  Palin was a better choice than Ryan... (0+ / 0-)

His was a career-limiting move.  Hers?  Just another opportunity to make money.

For the next 3+ years, she'll being doing the "Myth of the Lost Election" Tour and profiting wildly.  Up until Oct '15.

Bets?

Happy little moron, Lucky little man.
      I wish I was a moron, MY GOD, Perhaps I am!
      —Spike Milligan

by polecat on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 08:00:28 AM PST

[ Parent ]

•  Good Morning Mark... (0+ / 0-)

Thanks for the morning laugh... I needed it.

"Death is the winner in any war." - Nightwish/Imaginareum/Song of myself.

by doingbusinessas on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 07:31:01 AM PST

•  I can't even watch this tripe (0+ / 0-)

The title alone tells me that the person responsible has improved their animation skills at the expense of their observation of reality skills.

I've never liked anything from this diarist.

Maybe it's time to reconsider their contract.

•  You have never liked the diarist (0+ / 0-)

so Kos should reconsider his contract.

I enjoy Mr. Fiore's efforts so I am thankful that you have absolutely no say on whether or not his contract is renewed.

Here's a suggestion that can help you with your own "reality skills". If you don't enjoy his diaries, you don't need to come into them. Why make yourself unhappy? After all, you control your own actions.

A proud member of the Professional Left since 1967.

by slatsg on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 09:15:32 AM PST

[ Parent ]

•  As BiPM pointed out yesterday (?) (0+ / 0-)

Only 38 months until the 2016 Iowa Caucuses !

You can't spell CRAZY without R-AZ. (and donate to Bill!)

by rb608 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 09:00:06 AM PST

•  Ummm .... (0+ / 0-)

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
    Thursday October 11, 2012
    Our New Election Economy
    John Oliver explores the job-creating upside of the terrible, corrosive, democracy-destroying billions flowing into American politics.

•  Is it too early to endorse Warren? (0+ / 0-)

Is it too early to endorse Elizabeth Warren for prez in 2016 or have I already missed the wave?

From casual conversation with local dems, both Hillary and Obama supporters of 08 like Warren.  If she wants to run I'll organize for her.   Keep it in mind.

A bad idea isn't responsible for those who believe it. ---Stephen Cannell

by YellerDog on Fri Nov 09, 2012 at 08:40:01 PM PST

Click here for the mobile view of the site