View Diary: Twinkies ad: Captain Industry vs. Union-Man (41 comments)

•  I've had all 4 mentioned above... (3+ / 0-)

I found TK ranks first for me with Bimbo second with LD and Hostess tied for third.  Except the chocolate cupcakes...  Those bump Bimbo for second.

There is a place here in Seattle that does sell TK, a true Philly Steak sandwich place on Rainier.  They get them in on an irregular basis.

"Death is the winner in any war." - Nightwish/Imaginareum/Song of myself.

by doingbusinessas on Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 10:59:21 AM PST

[ Parent ]

•  You can get them in the Bay Area (4+ / 0-)

at the Cheesesteak Shop restaurants -- spouse says they're quite good.

Had some of the 7-11 chocolate donettes the other night (I had a hankering) -- not bad. Have yet to find a substitute for my favorite Hostess product, the Snoballs; hope someone will step up to the plate.

"If we ever needed to vote we sure do need to vote now" -- Rev. William Barber, NAACP

by Cali Scribe on Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 11:52:16 AM PST

[ Parent ]

•  I love Hostess apple pies (1+ / 0-)
      charliestl

But, TastyKake Krimpets (butterscotch and jelly, in that order) are my favorite junky treats from kid-days.

Snowballs are cool, too.

"So, please stay where you are. Don't move and don't panic. Don't take off your shoes! Jobs is on the way."

by wader on Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 02:06:39 PM PST

[ Parent ]

•  When I went to college in the late 70's... (1+ / 0-)
        wader

Wow that makes me ancient...

I used to be so broke that I would get 2 Hostess apple pies and a cup of water for lunch.  I was between jobs and living at home - I didn't want to burden my parents with more costs than they could handle.

"Death is the winner in any war." - Nightwish/Imaginareum/Song of myself.

by doingbusinessas on Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 07:15:05 PM PST

[ Parent ]

•  That was considerate of you (1+ / 0-)
          doingbusinessas

And oh, so delicious.

by wader on Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 09:08:59 PM PST

[ Parent ]

•  My parents were hard workers but (1+ / 0-)
            wader

woefully underpaid.

When it came time to pay for each semester in college (Jr college first, I paid for the last two years on my own), I would give my dad the cheapest of the two bill (tuition or books).  Usually it was the tuition he would pay.

"Death is the winner in any war." - Nightwish/Imaginareum/Song of myself.

by doingbusinessas on Fri Dec 07, 2012 at 08:55:32 AM PST

• Media (28)
  • Climate Change (26)
  • Spam (23)
  • Education (23)
  • Congress (23)
  • Civil Rights (21)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Labor (21)
  • Barack Obama (20)
  • Law (20)
  • Texas (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site